Cinco De Mayo Done Healthy: Zucchini Nachos
For this years Cinco De Mayo celebration give this delicious and healthy recipe a try. Get a potato peeler or spiral cutter for it first though. So good!
- 2 large zucchinis
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers, defrosted.
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Thinly slice the zucchini using a mandolin. I used #3 thickness on mine.
- Line a paper towel with zucchini slices then top with another paper towel and press down to remove some excess moisture. This will help chips to cook faster.
- Spread zucchini slices in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment. You may have to do several batches.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until chips begin to brown and crisp. YOU NEED TO KEEP AN EYE ON THEM! There is a fine line between browning and burning so be sure not to set it and forget it.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper. For the nachos
- Roughly chop the Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger patties.
- Pile the zucchini chips on a microwave safe plate, top with chopped patties and shredded cheese. Microwave for 20-30 seconds until cheese melts.