Eating Healthy On A Budget
When you are trying to eat healthier you may think you can’t afford the healthier food. Think again. This infographic will help you spend less and eat healthy at the same time.
Tips for eating healthy on a budget:
- Buy fresh produce that is in season
- Buy organic from a Community Support Agriculture (CSA) or Food Co-op. Best deals and a larger amount for the price.
- Buy the largest size available. You can portion out and freeze for later.
- Look and purchase store-bought organic dairy products.
- Buy whatever egg is cheapest as brown or white eggs have the same nutritional value. Cage-free is best for quality and nutrition.
- When purchasing meat organic is better for animal welfare purposes. Buying whole chickens is also cost effective as opposed to buying chicken breasts. Cook, cut and freeze for later.
- When buying grains, buy the majority of whole grain items.