Protein-Packed Turkey Chili Recipe
I’ve had a lot of people asking me for the turkey chili recipe when I posted a picture of it on the How Busy Moms Get Fit Facebook page. Well, I thought I would share it here in case others were interested in it too. I can’t take credit for the recipe though. I found this while doing my new workout program Body Beast. Give it a try its delicious and healthy too! I make two batches and freeze for later!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground turkey meat
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1(15 ounce) can kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (no sugar-added variety)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Heat Oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in kidney beans and tomato sauce; bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with parsley.